How do we know that Colorado’s climate is changing and how does it affect us?
6th Grade Science (adaptations for 3rd to 8th grade are easily made)
Lesson Time Requirement
Climate Literacy Principles Addressed
- Standard 4: Earth's weather and climate systems are the result of complex interactions
- Standard 6: Evidence indicates human activities are impacting the climate system
Colorado State Standards Addressed
- High School: PS5, PS6, LS2, ES4, ES6
- 8th Grade: PS2, PS3, LS1, ES1, eS2
- 7th Grade: LS1, LS2, ES2
- 6th Grade: LS1, LS2, ES2
- Students will be able to describe how scientists use a variety of data to make conclusions
- Students will be able to explain why the steps of the scientific method are used in real world situations
- Students will be able to provide evidence for or against the argument that climate change is occurring in Colorado and the world.
- Students will be able to describe some impacts that would occur in Colorado if climate change is occurring.