Why are our forests changing?
9-12 (could be adapted for middle school)
- Understand general Mountain Pine Beetle ecology.
- Demonstrate an understanding the effect of Mountain Pine Beetle on forest health.
- Understand the influence of climate on Pine Beetle population
- Understand the influence of humans on climate change
- Understand the influence of forest management practices on forest health
Five 50-minute periods
Climate Literacy Principles
- 3. LIfe on Earth depends on, is shaped by, and affects climate
- 7. Climate change will have consequences for the earth system and human lives
- High School: LS2, LS9, ES4