Does burning zoo poo reduce CO2?
- To determine whether the amount of CO2 produced in a coal fired plant is more or less than the CO2 produced in a Biomass Gasification plant.
- To use common statistical measurements of mean, median, and standard deviation to answer the question
- To formulate questions about what the data can actually tell them data.
- To decide what information they would need in order to answer their questions about the data. (The initial data does not really allow us to answer whether there is a difference in CO2 emissions).
Lesson Time Requirement
Three to five 50-minute class periods
Climate Literacy Principles Addressed
- 3. Life on Earth depends on, is shaped by, and affects climate
- 7. Earth's climate system is influenced by compjlex human decisions involving economic costs and social values
Colorado State Standards Addressed
- High School: PS3, PS5, PS6, LS1, ES4, ES5