Who we are and what we do.
The Learn More About Climate initiative is part of CU-Boulder's Office for University Outreach. The office puts the university's faculty scholarship and research into the hands of teachers, students, citizens, and policymakers. LMAC's goal is to extend the university's vast scientific expertise create an informed dialog about this critical global issue. The initiative represents departments and institutes from across the CU Boulder campus.
- Provide classroom visits from climate scientists and experts in-person and via skype.
- Produce informative videos, making them available to view and download for free from this website.
- Create original, teacher-tested curriculum addressing climate change topics that meet state education standards and STEM initiatives.
- Produce live webinars in collaboration with CU-Boulder's climate science research institutes.
- Collaborate with communities and school districts to support classroom and after-school activities that explore climate change topics.
LMAC recently won a Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education Excellence in Environmental Education Award in recognition of the project's "leadership in developing inclusive, effective, cooperative and cross-sector environmental education programs."
LMAC's video "Water - A Zero Sum Game" featuring Dr. Mark Williams was nominated for a Heartland Regional Emmy in 2013!
Watch the video here.
Find out more about Learn More About Climate's activities on the Initiatives page. Contact us to schedule an expert to visit your classroom or organization, take a tour of a climate lab, and subscribe to our newsletter.